October 1, 2017
Three “new” Lincolns are now on display at the Lincoln Motor Car Heritage Museum and one that had been on display has been donated to the museum by its owners. In addition, a Liberty V-12 motor has been restored and donated to the museum.
Additions to the Museum Showroom
All of the vehicles as well as the Liberty motor were officially unveiled and acknowledged during the 2017 Lincoln Homecoming.
Randy and Jane Fehr of Wayland, Iowa formally donated their fully restored 1949 Lincoln Cosmopolitan convertible to the museum. Their entire family was on hand for the ceremony. The car had previously been on loan.
A restored, Leland-built Liberty V-12 aircraft motor was presented to the museum by its major donors, Drs. David and Elizabeth Roycroft of Ferrum, Virginia. Other donors were Robert and Amy Isom (American Airlines), James Blanchard, Jr., Mr. & Mrs. Earle Brown, Jr., Jerry Capizzi, Joel and Suzanne Dickson and A Friend (anonymous).
Joining the museum on loan is a 1927 Lincoln Imperial Victoria by Fleetwood. This one-off vehicle, built on Lincoln’s 150-inch wheelbase commercial chassis, has been placed on loan by Jack and Nancy Dunning of Cambridge, Ohio.
Joining the museum collection on loan is a rare 1938 Lincoln-Zephyr convertible sedan owned by Jim and Betty Blanchard of Holland, Ohio. Jim is an LMCF board member who heads up the museum committee. Also joining the museum collection on loan is a 1939 Lincoln convertible sedan by LeBaron owned by Ed DeVries of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
“Thanks the efforts of many such Lincoln enthusiasts, our museum continues to evolve and grow,” said David Schultz, LMCF chairman.